Monday, August 8, 2011

It's A Pirate's Life For Me

Here I hide from dragons and wander into new lairs as captain of a vessel I call "My Caribbean Odyssey."  You see Nomads, it's a Pirate's life for me.  I pay only for fuel...for a car and for me.  My effects are nothing but dive gear, video gear and clothing.

I always look to dance under tropical night skies and dive into the grandeur of wrecks and reefs.  I watch the sea from a beach under the fronds of a spreading palm tree, as if it were a giant green parasol. Viewing the sea clears my mind and provides a peaceful feeling.

Before my days of pillage and plunder, I lived as a yankee in another land. 

                               I miss:
                          family and friends
                          Detroit Tigers
                          cheaper everything
                          sports radio
                         
                           I do not miss:
          
                                 traffic
                            climate changes

                          What I like most here:

                             beaches and beach bars

Pirate's Bight on Norman Island

                               blue shades of the sea
                               friends I've made
                               my work 
                               boats/marinas
                               islands to explore
                               $5 Chinese lunches at the UP,
                               $2 tacos at Frenchman's Cay Resort
                               $5 breakfast sandwiches at D' Best Cup of Coffee.
                               the pool at Village Cay
                               summer festival (5 day weekend)

                           
                             What I like least here:

                                 mosquitoes
                                 steep hills to drive
                                 loneliness


1 comment:

  1. at least your list of what you like is longer than what you don't!

    ReplyDelete