Monday, June 30, 2014

U.S. Virgins

                             Wanderings in the U.S. Virgins

My second tour of Virgin Gorda has been interrupted by a side trip to the U.S. Virgins.  I visited a handful of resorts and restaurants on St. Thomas and St. John.  You may not know that all drive on the left as in the BVI.  I never really understood this. The BVI uses American money and the USVI drive on the left.???

Tour/Party Boat on St. John
Sport Fishing Boat on St. John
St.John is the prettiest U.S. Virgin Island. I did not spend much time here.  I was only vetted with all of the other visitors from the BVI.  Being a U.S. citizen allowed me to pass through without being photographed and interrogated like the other visitors.

I do plan to get back here to see Caneel Bay and other resorts.


Upon arriving in St.Thomas, it was clear that Africa's dust was having an effect on the temperature and air here.  I was on the east end of the island known as Red Hook.  The other ferry dock is right in Charlotte Amalie.

There are some beautiful properties here and one stood out to this wanderer.  It is called Secret Harbour.  I have no photo as I am keeping the secret...... oh just click the link and take a look.  It is a modest hotel with a spectacular palm studded intimate beach.

The Ritz Carleton St. Thomas

My next trip will be back on Virgin Gorda with a stop at Mosquito island where a hotel development is in construction phase.  This time I will arrive in Spanish Town of Virgin Gorda and ferry over to Mosquito.

Ship's Log 1772



Ship's Log 1972


Please send your comments and become a Wanderluster by scrolling down through all of the blogs and click Join Followers/Wanderlusters.






the Odyssey continues.......


No comments:

Post a Comment