Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Prettiest Virgin and Positions


 PRETTY VIRGIN

I sure hated to dress in a suit for a day in Virgin Gorda.  Lots of ferry rides as most resorts I needed to see were not accessible by road.  Although I was working, I did take a few photos.  Below is a whirlwind tour of some of the nicest properties in the Caribbean. 

I first visited the beautiful Oil Nut Bay               Needs a Nanny

Oil Nut was being built when I was last here. I heard that locals get discounted rates, so weekend getaways are possible if anyone wants to visit me here in the BVI during the off season. Keep in mind that the ocean is warmer for snorkeling and diving.

Today I would choose this property over any other, but I have yet to see Nail Bay Resort which is on my agenda. 
 The service at the resort was incomparable.  I only had breakfast but my sparkling glass of water was always being filled and I was treated as a guest even though all knew I was but there on business.  They are even adding more facilities as evidenced by the construction occurring. 

This is how I arrived to Oil Nut Bay.  I was picked up by the resort on their ferry Hercules.  The sprawling beach, verdant grounds and sparkling pools were visual treats for this wanderer.  



I then ferried back to Bitter End to catch a boat ride to Biras Creek
Biras has has 4 horses for riding the spectacular grounds. Bicycles and hiking trails complement the equestrian activities. 



Looking for food service staff

The Iguana is not on the menu.  

Biras Creek also treated me as a guest so imagine how they treat the paying clientele. As they so aptly say, "You may want to come back as a guest."  

They summoned their boat for me to head back to Bitter End and I left with a feeling of great respect for the hospitality and tourism industry when a such a level of customer service is shown.



Biras Creek has a fine marina with a very safe anchorage.  Larry Page, Google Guru keeps his boat here as his island, Eustatia, puts his yacht at risk.
Larry Page's Eustatia Island



Very Nautical: Bitter End Yacht Club
Even though Bitter End Yacht Club seems to be Grand Central Station as you need to be there to get anywhere.  I finally settled at the BEYC for a while to meet with them and have lunch.  BEYC has a menagerie of shops, restaurants and gift stores.  It would be a great family vacation for wanderlusters and those who like sailing, diving and the charm of Caribbean Nautical.

It was a rough day with all the boat rides and taxis.  I look forward to a day to play in the North Sound of Virgin Gorda.  The weather was not ideal all day as well.  At least I did not pay to play on a cloudy day.  Working on such days is easier to accept.  Spring has been a mix of sun, clouds and rain.  I guess no different than most places.  The rain sure keeps the island beautiful.

I will be back in Virgin Gorda in 2 weeks to meet with GM of another premier property on the island and then to Mosquito Island (another Branson property) I am sure to eventually meet Sir Richard Branson during these visits.  

The BVI is getting a new Governor. Seems the stints are for 4 years so Gov McCleary must step down.  Yes, McCleary is his name and he stands very tall.  

He may share part of my name but I have been told I resemble the King of the Netherlands. I have been told this since I was but a poor child and he was then a wealthy prince.  

King Willem Alexander
Well these islands are the territory of her majesty and the only thing royal in America is Burger King.






MORE POSITIONS

Who wants to be an Executive Assistant, tour guide, wedding and event planner for Peter Island Resort?  After checking That Place out you may want to come live in paradise...That Place

Sir Richard Branson is developing his Mosquito Island and there will be many hospitality and retail jobs.  By the way, the mosquitoes are no worse there. It was not named that because of the abundance of little pests.

Look for better photos when the tropical sun cooperates as usual.

PLEASE SEND COMMENTS AND JOIN AS A WANDERLUSTER.  SCROLL DOWN TO THE END OF THE BLOG AND CLICK JOIN FOLLOWERS/WANDERLUSTERS.





The Odyssey continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment